Wednesday, August 11, 2010

A Teacher's Role & My eLearning Philosophy

These days, I believe, that the teacher's role is to facilitate learning. Because students are so technologically savvy teachers must integrate it into their curriculum. It's the way students are oriented to the world. Also, students must be put in the driver's seat of their learning so they won't get bored. The traditional pedagogy where instructors fed students with information while they passively listened is no longer the norm. There are so many more ways that students can get information on their own that it makes sense to incorporate Web 2.0 technologies into their studies. It's already a part of their everyday lives.

I have to think hard on what my philosophy might be of teaching as I do not think of myself as a teacher. Rather, I think of myself as an eLearning instructional designer and content developer. Although, if put in the position to lead a class, my philosophy would tend to encourage creativity, collaboration, critical thinking, and having an openess to change. I prefer to think of this philosophy as a practice that's ongoing. It's more manageable this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment