Sunday, August 8, 2010

eLearning for Educators

Wow! What a fun course! I have totally enjoyed the material in this class, my instructor Dr. Ernie Hughes, and meeting educators from all levels of the school system. Because I am currently also taking an online Master of Education in Learning and Technology program at Western Governors University at the same time, I have found many tools and resources that I can use for my capstone project. I wish that the portal could be permanently available so that I could access it as a future resource. The content has been a treasure trove of resources and information.

I defintely will continue on the path of eLearning instructional design and development. It's exciting for me because my profession is becoming more in demand. I'm bound to land a spot where I can practice all I've learned this summer at Bellevue College. I'd like to pursue the Certificate program and hope I can find an elective that will bridge Fall and Winter quarter for me. In the meantime, I'm going to continue developing an instructional unit that will be a blended training on how to produce video for the Web directed to a non-profit organization audience. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree about wishing portal was pertually available to us - so many good sites and sources that I am trying to catalogue for future use too! I hope I can stay in touch with you as you proceed with your Master's work and instructional design work - I am hoping a year from now to start to look at transitionning from teaching to instructional design...

    ReplyDelete