Sunday, August 8, 2010

LinkedIn - My Social Media of Choice

The most well-known social media tools include Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter. Even though I have accounts in all of these media, I mostly use LinkedIn. I stick to LinkedIn because it meets my needs for my current focus which is professional branding and marketing. My account also has examples of my work so that potential employers can get an idea of what I've done. LinkedIn has been an amazing tool for me in developing my professional network by connecting with them online as part of my own network and by learning from the different groups that I have joined. There is such a wealth of information from discussion threads that it is challenging to keep up with all. I highly recommend it. My understanding is that employers look at a LinkedIn profile in addition to one's resume.

Here's a link to my public profile if you're interested:

http://www.linkedin.com/in/floradelangel

No comments:

Post a Comment